Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Green Summer

This year we are thankful to be having lots of rain which is keeping the yard green.  Last year we had no rain all summer and we lost our big oak tree.

I planted a few sunflower seeds in our little veggie garden and they popped up quickly.



We also have a pumpkin vine growing like a weed.  Last year I put out our pumpkin after Halloween and it self seeded.  We have already had one little pumpkin but our beagle Molly ate it!  Maybe we'll have some more by Halloween this year and not have to buy one.



Also have some flowers in pots in the front.


Including this hydrangea, I think this is the third time I've tried growing a hydrangea but the only time it has survived.  I thought by keeping it in a pot I will remember to water it.  So far so good.  It just had the first flower this week, it is a pretty pale pink.


No comments: