Sunday, January 3, 2010

Drop cloth drapes Part 2

I used some drop cloth drapes in my living room / family room on one window and with a trip to IKEA and some new curtain rods, I decided to use these on all 3 windows.


This is the "before picture - this long pipe / curtain rod went all the way across the room (this came with the house).


And after with the simple curtain rods ($6.99 each from IKEA) and the drop cloth drapes. I just used one on each side.


and the other window in the room with matching curtain rod.


and I got a new feather pillow insert for my favorite pillow cover



Sometimes a couple of little changes can just freshen up and simplify a room. I am all for simple and organized for the new year.

Back to the classroom on Tuesday, so blog posts may be few and far between for a while! Me and the kids have enjoyed our time off. They are looking forward to going back to school, and that is definitely a first for my 6 year old (I think he had a tummy ache every day of pre-school and Kindergarten), 1st grade is turning out to a be a great year for him and his confidence.

2009 was a good year for us in many ways - we moved to our new house, we had a trip to Disneyland to me and the kids got to see my family and visit for a month. We had some down times too, so we are looking forward to a lot more positive things in 2010.
Happy New Year!

10 comments:

Miss Mustard Seed said...

I love that pillow! I bought a down insert for a pillow a few years ago and now I won't use anything else. I've become a bit of a snob against polyfil, but I'm sure you understand why! :) The drapes look great as well.

Lori said...

It looks good! The pillow it fab.

TheOldPostRoad said...

The drop cloths look great - more substantial once you compare them to the sheers. LOVE the pillow!!! How pretty!!!

You are right - just a little 'tweaking' here and there is refreshing.

-Trish

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Love the "after." :) Those drop cloths are great, I tell ya! And I really like your coffee table. Thanks for the visit. :)

Heather said...

Hey! I love the curtains! I wonder if I could do drop cloth drapes in my kitchen... or is it just overkill?? I am trying to decide - I want something pretty to go with my new Fiestaware collection. Do you want me to pick you up for MNO tomorrow??

Michelle@Fromhousetohome said...

It's amazing what small changes can do. The room looks beautiful, love the window above the fireplace.
~Michelle

Chris said...

I love the new curtain rods, I love our new house, I love IKEA, I love your sense of interior design and most importantly I love you...my most pulchritudinous wife!

Susie from Bienvenue said...

Gotta love them drop cloths!!! I have a set in my living room too. Maybe we can have twin hall bathrooms...ha! Im trying to get my husband to hang my shelf today...wish me luck!

Bonnie @ House of Grace said...

I really like your site. Thank you so much for entering the Get Clean Giveaway on the Thick Decor Chick blog. I am sorry that you did not win. If you have any questions about my products please fell free to call me at 630-262-1007 or go to my website DonahueWellness.MyShaklee.com.

pk @ Room Remix said...

I like how your curtains turned out and changing out the rod to two was perfect! (like your pillow too) Have a great weekend...