Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Junk store find - gray pitcher, and a Goodwill table

On our little spring break weekend away I found this in an old store in SE Oklahoma.  It is marked Russel Wright.  My online research shows this piece is part of the collection at the Museum of Modern Art

"The American Modern line of dinnerware was designed by famed mid-century designer Russel Wright and manufactured by the Steubenville Pottery Company in Steubenville, Ohio, between 1939 and 1959. "



I paid $10 for it.  They make a reproduction  which sells for $40.  On ebay and some other sites I saw them for sale for up to $90.

 I love the style, shape and color of it.


What do you think of this coffee table I got at Goodwill last week?  It was only $9.99.  It is long and low.  It is in great condition apart from one place on the top where it looks like someone put a hot iron on it.  I don't think I will paint this, but I might refinish the top at some point.


I hope to also post this week a couple of painting projects I have going on around here, and pictures from our Oklahoma trip.
I LOVE spring break!

1 comment:

hilary@oldhousetruelove said...

what a pretty pitcher and score on the $9.99 table!