We started off with this little stool with fuzzy blue fabric on top, it was maybe one of the ugliest things I have bought, but Chris was at the Goodwill with me when I bought it, and he said "Anna, go ahead and buy it, it will be a good project for you."
Step 1 - last night I took off 3 layers of fabric - blue fuzzy, red velvet, and an orange one too, as well as the old yellow foam. Yuck, lots of dust in all those layers.
Step 2 - this morning I was left with just the wooden board, I used a nice clean white foam and a layer of cotton batting (from Hobby Lobby) and stapled them on and trimmed to size.
Step 3 - staple around evenly and make sure corners are nice and tight.
Step 4 - turn over and make sure everything is nice and smooth.
Step 5 - fabric of choice - staple around well
The AFTER - I painted it the same color as I used in Kate's room - Watery (Sherwin Williams color)
So much better now. I took a picture here in the den - but this is going upstairs to the playroom. Another chair I have up there at Kate's desk I re-upholstered with the same fabric.