Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Quick little makeover

We started off with this little stool with fuzzy blue fabric on top, it was maybe one of the ugliest things I have bought, but Chris was at the Goodwill with me when I bought it, and he said "Anna, go ahead and buy it, it will be a good project for you." 
Step 1 - last night I took off 3 layers of fabric - blue fuzzy, red velvet, and an orange one too, as well as the old yellow foam.  Yuck, lots of dust in all those layers.

Step 2 - this morning I was left with just the wooden board, I used a nice clean white foam and a layer of cotton batting (from Hobby Lobby) and stapled them on and trimmed to size.

Step 3 - staple around evenly and make sure corners are nice and tight.

Step 4 - turn over and make sure everything is nice and smooth.

Step 5 - fabric of choice - staple around well

Looks good!


The AFTER - I painted it the same color as I used in Kate's room -  Watery (Sherwin Williams color)

 So much better now.  I took a picture here in the den - but this is going upstairs to the playroom.  Another chair I have up there at Kate's desk I re-upholstered with the same fabric.






Domestically Speaking

Furniture Feature Fridays

7 comments:

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Great makeover!!! Love the new color, and the fabric is so pretty. :) You'd never know they were the same piece. ;)

The DeMille Family said...

SO much better!! I love your fabric choice!!

Bonnie @ The Boatwright Family said...

I love it Anna! Great job! Love the paint and fabric together.

Holly said...

What an improvement! I love those kind of projects...easy, but so satisfying! Pretty fabric, too.

Jen said...

Love it Anna!! I also love that gray pitcher you found.

Allison Shops said...

Very pretty fabric and color. Dropping by from Furniture Feature Friday. Hope you'll drop by to see my chairs.

Allison
Atticmag

Allison@FabRehab said...

I die for stools and this one is awesome! Yay for a supportive hubby who told you to buy it!