Sunday, March 20, 2011

More painting and spring decor

Another small painting project this week, I started painting our downstairs hallway.  It is hard to tell the difference in the pictures, but the new color makes the white woodwork of the stairs stand out.

Before (taped and ready to paint):


After - eventually I need to paint that other wall going up the stairs,  but that leads to the upstairs hallway / playroom area, which = a lot more work so I will wait a couple of months to make sure I want this color or something a little different.





The color is similar to the color my kitchen is painted.
Kitchen and cabinets is Sherwin williams softer tan, wall under the counter is Seashell gray (Lowes) and wall to the right is Chatham Green (Home depot).

 Fiestaware and other vintage dishes. in my kitchen cabinet.  I have a combination of the newer and old fiestaware.


This yellow bud vase (below), Chris found at an antique shop for me on one of his little trips for work.

My little collection of milk glass vases.  The one on the left I just picked up yesterday for $4 at an antique shop in La Porte, TX.  They have some nice shops there.


My owl cookie jar and some bird friends also moved to the mantel.

The coffee table I bought a couple of weeks ago from Goodwill also moved back here to the family room.  That ladder shelf to the left was also from Goodwill and the vintage side table on the right from a garage sale.


The coffee table has matching "legs" to the dresser we use for a TV stand.




No comments: